Trip planned? Check. Packing list done? Check. New bikinis? Check. What is the only thing left to sort out? The perfect vacation reading list to pair with those swaying palm trees. I got you covered. Here are some of the best travel books to read this summer either on a real old fashioned book (like me!) or on a kindle.
For armchair adventure travelers
Here is one that will truly inspire out-of-the-ordinary travel and thrilling wanderlust. It is an expertly curated ebook showing 100 once in a lifetime ideas for the intrepid traveler. It shows adventures by region in the world that are mostly out of the box. It also contains information about each place, as well as some great advice on travel services in that destination. There are also inspirational photos to enjoy.
We cannot always embark on true adventures and, to be fair, we may not want to. These are books which will take you somewhere, on exotic or unthinkable adventures all from the comfort of your sun lounger or armchair.
To understand Africa, a little more
As I spent a long time working and traveling across Africa I became more and more fascinated with the intricate and complex social and cultural values and structures. Every time I would work in a new country I would try to immerse myself as much into the local ways of life as possible by trying to understand the national psyche. These are some of the books I enjoyed reading the most.
A different perspective in life
For the reflective ones
If there is to be peace in the world, the nations must live in peace
If there is to be peace among nations the cities must not rise up against each other
If there is to be peace in the cities,
neighbors must understand each other
If there is to be peace among neighbors, there must be harmony in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home, we must find our own heart
To put faces on Middle East’s stereotypes
For an easy laugh
- Check if you need a visa, get help processing it at iVisa.
- Never ever leave without travel insurance. Get affordable coverage from World Nomads or long term insurance from Safety Wing.
- I find all of my flights on KAYAK. Check their Deals section too.
- Search for all your transportation between destinations on the trusted travel booking platform Bookaway.
- I book all my day trips and tours via GetYourGuide, they are the best and their tours are refundable up to 24h in advance.
- Get USD35 off your first booking with Airbnb.
- Compare hotels EVERYWHERE at HotelsCombined and book with Booking.com. Or swap your home with Love Home.
- Compare car rental prices at Rentalcars.com